*External & affiliate links included in this post.
Many of you are expecting and getting ready for baby - or maybe you're about to make some really cool baby shower gifts ... whatever the reason, we've spent hours looking on the Internet for some inspiring patterns and fabrics so you don't have to :)
Also, we've noted that a lot of children's illustrators are now becoming surface designers, and this list includes a lot of the ones that are crossing over into the field, and what a treat it is for us to see that some of our favorite designers also have fabrics available.
SEWING PATTERNS FOR BABY:
If you're more of a visual person and would like to see pictures of these, visit our Pinterest board; otherwise, see below for links to the cutest, easiest to follow tutorials we found:
- Baby headbands free pattern & tutorial from coralandco.
- Baby hats free pattern & tutorial from from coralandco.
- Baby & toddler TOMS inspired shoes free pattern & tutorial from homemadetoast.com
- Baby knit pants (great for those who use cloth diapers as it's stretchier) free pattern and tutorial from Whimsy Couture
- Baby knit pants free pattern and tutorial from Shwin And Shwin (because can never have too many)
- 10 free cloth diaper patterns blog post from Premeditaded Leftovers with links to tutorials
- Ruffle diaper covers free pattern and tutorial from See Kate Sew
- Baby snuggler swaddle wrap free pattern by Lotta Jansdotter and tutorial/pattern review by Sew In Love
- Infant scratch mittens free pattern and tutorial by Home Sweet Homebodies
- Hooded baby towel and washcloths free tutorial from Purl Soho